Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Love Actually

As it's December and Christmas will all be over in less than a week, I (of course) watched the British classic 'Love Actually'. It is one of my all time favourite films. Every time I watch it I find a new favourite part. This year round the part that stuck out to me is from the very beginning. The part that is usually spent rushing to make a cup of tea or a quick trip to the toilet. I always knew that the start of the film had a pretty special quote, but after this horrid year it really hit me. This is what Hugh Grant says in the opening scene.

''Whenever I get gloomy at the state of the world I think of the arrivals gate at Heathrow airport. General opinions starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. Seems to me that love is everywhere, often its not particularly dignified or news worthy but its always there. Fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the twin towers as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge they were all messages of love. If you look for it I've got a sneaky feeling that you'll find that love, actually is all around'' 

(In which Billy Mack then sings a Christmas rendition of Wet Wet Wet's Love Is All Around).

Love Actually was made in 2003. 12/13 years later I think the world has become far more sinister. Horrid things happen everyday. Social media has too much control. It is so easy to send out hateful messages online and we're all so pessimistic. But then I think that it's because people look for negativity. People all have things to say about things that are unimportant. There is not much more to say about it really, because I mean, he says it all. Love is there. If you look for it you'll find it. Because love is everywhere, you can see it, hear it, feel it. It's like my post before where I spoke about making more effort with the people we love. (chloedurant.blogspot.co.ukl) 

Love is, actually all around (puns).

Thanks for reading & Merry Christmas.

Chloë X

Find me on my social media here:


No comments:

Post a Comment